- Application Developed
- Source to Pay (ISS)
- Insurance Administration
- Traceability Solutions
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Financial System
- Asset Management
Devolution Stack – The continual development and enhancement of the Devolution platform stack lies in the roadmap for new layers as well as enhancements on existing layers. The diagram above illustrates the current functionality of the platform stack.
Application Development with Devolution
Devolution offers an application development stack that exposes it’s artefacts through meta-data. The stack contains standard configurable layers that most business applications require. In utilising these pre-delivered and tested components, Intenda delivers applications that results in savings in time and cost (in the development process as well as the maintenance cycle) and an increase in quality due to the inherent data design integrity and automated documentation of the meta-data structure.
Applications developed with Devolution leverages from service-oriented architecture (SOA), open source, Web services, and Web 2.0 technologies that support work practices for global and enterprise wide solutions. Flexibility and openness in the architecture of applications is further achieved through divorcing the layers from each other to enable third-party products to integrate as possible substitutions for any Devolution layer (i.e. it’s possible to ignore the standard UI components within the presentation layer of Devolution and substitute it with e.g.Adobe Flex).
The continual development and enhancement of the DEVOLUTION platform stack lies in the roadmap for new layers as well as enhancements on existing layers. The diagram below illustrates the current functionality of the platform stack:
Immediate out-of-the-box Advantages
- Role based security that offers configurable security and audit trail down to data content level
- A Business Rules Engine for front-end data validation as well as management of parameters that enables process logic (i.e. enabling and controlling business logic workflow)
- A set of configurable standard UI components (i.e. Grid Forms, Tree-View Forms, Tabs, Filters, Sorts, etc.)
- Management of Document Attachments and unique identifiers to any record and data field
- Encryption of data that can be controlled through the business rule engine
- Rich Base Data (i.e. units of measure, place names, classification hierarchy, currencies, etc.)
- Multi-Language translatability of any form, field, menu item at user level, due to the meta-data
- On-Line Help engine at field, form and function level
- Audit Trail engine for configuration and release management as well as application support
- An Integration layer to expose any DEVOLUTION service or consuming external services (SOA)
- Data access layers which is independent from any specific database extensions making data base independency very easy
Basic Devolution Architecture
For Linux, Unix and other operating systems that enables cross Operating System compilation, the Novell open source initiative (“Project Mono”) and Novell Linux distribution (“Suse”) has been used as the standards for platform independency. All the DEVOLUTION components and layers are developed using internationally accepted open standards i.e. W3C, OASIS, ECMA etc.
Intenda also has a partnership arrangement with Mainsoft, that offers the ability to cross compile the DEVOLUTION platform to native JEE byte code and deploy it on any JEE compliant application server.
The DEVOLUTION platform has its own separate data connectors that act as pluggable database independent components for various database servers. Currently Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server are immediately supported for any release and additional database servers can be added as demand grows. Typical estimations for deployment on a new database connector required will be two weeks.
The integration capability of DEVOLUTION is architected through the fact that the entire platform is exposed through the use of message based services (XML). This facilitates integration to other systems or alternatively facilitates inclusion of DEVOLUTION services into a larger SOA design. The DEVOLUTION presentation layer, as an example, makes exclusive use of these services to perform data extractions, data manipulation and data validation, as implemented in the platform.
The platform leverages from the business process layer that defines how services, tasks, routings, etc. are implemented for a specific application or business process. These processes are implemented as standard BPMN 2.0 processes and have the ability to expose all defined processes as services for consumption by other applications